- "All children can learn!" Even if it's the simplest concept no matter what age they are.
- "Quality assessment informs instructional practices." Purposeful assessment(s) should be the compass of your instruction.
- "Quality teaching makes a difference. " It's a no-brainer that children need to have teachers and leaders who are knowledgeable about pedagogy and how to best teach/reach students. For a few years I have said that a "warm body and a teaching certificate doesn't qualify them to teach children in our classrooms". I have been a witness to teachers who got their jobs for who they are in a community rather than their abilities. Sometimes the teacher employment process can be an unfair one... grr, I digress! Please see some of my other posts for further opinionations on "quality teachers". :)
- "Positive relationships within the classroom maximize learning."
- "Educators must work as a team."
RTI SUCCESS, Proven Tools and Strategies for Schools and Classrooms. Written by Patricia Whitten, Kelli Esteves and Alice Woodrow, ISBN: 13-978-1-57542-320-3.